Welcome to the Wisconsin Personal Services Association
As a member, you will enjoy the many benefits of membership. You will also be represented by one of the most dedicated group of individuals in our industry today.
WPSA Secures First Increase to Personal Care Rate in Nearly 10 years!
Governor Walker's 2017-19 state budget includes a 2% per year increase to the Medicaid personal care rate. The MAPC rate increased to $16.40 on July 1, 2017 and it will be increased to $16.73 on July 1, 2018.
This is the largest rate increase in over 16 years! The rate increase will apply to personal care service claims submitted with the following Health Care Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) procedure codes:
- Direct personal care services (HCPCS code T1019)
- Travel time (HCPCS code T1019 with modifier U3)
- Registered Nurse supervisory visit (CPT code 99509 with modifier TD)
All other personal care services policy, including coverage and prior authorization (PA), is not
changing as a result of the rate increase. Below is a link to the new FH Update for the PCS rate
The Legislative Blog
Check out our Legislative Blog under the Legislative tab. to stay updated on news and events
Turnover Rate Calculator
To obtain your turnover, divide the total number of employees that left during the year (the 12
month period of your choice) with your average number of employees during the year.
- Add up the total number of employees that left your employment during your selected 12 month period.
- Add up the total number of employees you have employed at the end of each month for 12 months, and divide that by 12. This will give you the "average number of employees".
- Divide the total number of employees that left your employment into your average number of employees. Times that by 100.
150 employees left your employment in a 12 month period
200 was the average number of employees per month (you added up your total number of
active/current employees at the end of each month for 12 months and divided that by 12).
150 divided into 200 = .75
.75 times (x) 100 = 75% turnover rate